As a new blog treat, while I expand my brand into the kitchen goods realm, I have decided to add some vegan recipes, hopefully once a month.
With the start of September come the last days of summer, this recipe is perfect for a refreshing reminder of summer before heading into the cooler fall months.
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup unbleached sugar, separated
3 Tablespoon dried lavender (culinary grade, I used French Lavender)
¼ Cup Earth Balance, softened (coconut oil works too if you like that taste)
2 teaspoon lemon zest
3 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg replacers ( use your favorite type; I used use 2 teaspoons of baking soda mixed with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar for 2 “eggs”)
1 ¼ cup cashew milk (this can be your favorite non-dairy milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 12-well, muffin pan with liners or greasing.
- Sift together pasty flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a food processor (or blender), grind ¼ cup sugar and lavender together.
- Cream Earth Balance, with sugar and lavender mixture, and remaining ¼ cup sugar.
- Add lemon zest, juice, extracts, and favorite egg replacer and stir to combine.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet. Then add cashew milk. Stir until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter among muffin tins. Bake until golden brown outside, and a toothpick comes out of muffins clean, about 15 minutes.